Time for new headshots….
Renee Fleming and Susan Graham, Evening Prayer from Hansel and Gretel, Carnegie Hall 2013
As a rule, I don’t upload videos. But I love you guys, and I felt this one was worth sharing :) It’s unlisted, so please let’s just keep it within Tumblr.
This is one that I love hearing in the opera…
I think this was a long time coming.
It’s like that at auditions… When the person before you sings an aria you’re opening with before your audition… Lol
The wedding/party they were envisioning was not going to be traditional.
1. The location of the wedding would be an art gallery.
2. There would be no bridal party.
3. They wanted to escort one another down the aisle.
4. They were writing their own vows.
5. No rings would be exchanged. They were getting matching tattoos to symbolize their bond.
6. No formal dinner. They wanted a party atmosphere with guests mingling.
7. My favorite - A first glance before the ceremony that could last up to two hours.
The list goes on. I think this couple could give a workshop on “How Not to Stress About Your Wedding Day and Do Exactly What You Want!”
I wish I could find somebody who is willing to sneak out with me in the middle of the night and drive to the middle of nowhere and just lay on the roof of the car and stare at the stars and just share with each other everything that we were too afraid to share with anyone else.
There won’t always be somebody there telling you you’re beautiful, or telling you you’re smart, or praising your talents. If you don’t know how to build yourself up, you’ll fall for anybody trying to break you down. Learn how to encourage yourself.